Friday 15 February 2013

Fighting for Friday

Sitting...warming the seat as I sipped
The tuneful melee, grasping one conversation
Over another.  My ears would home into
Chatter that was not my own.

A voice pierced above the mumbled mix
Seeming to outdo those around, invisible
To their volume turned up to maximum
It became hard to unwrap the task

They stroked their egos, perfecting their
Vocal chords...me, me, meowwww
Cat like importance  I observed, high handed
Tongues wagging like dogs on thirst patrol

Shrinking I turned away collecting choice
On my way and waved farewell to greedy
Waves, torrents building to overwhelm
A great wall drenching whereby paddling

Became urgent, feet treading, grinding
Others to the wall.  Untold mouths wide
With unfinished business, drowned long before
Help me.....scribbled across their foreheads

No comments:

Post a Comment