Friday 9 August 2013

Time and again I try....maybe I can succeed today

How do we take that first step if our footsteps are heavily laden?

How can we enlist our mind to release us from entrapment, whereby we have become too tired, listless, without the wherewithal and unable to find enough get up and go to get going and gone.

Take me on a journey in my mind
to a place of certainty
I will take a step
persuasion punctuates me
step up to the plate of thoughts
ride the goblet to a calm lagoon
 
Well, fair enough you might say, still how do I do this....?
 
What is it you want?
 
I want the breeze in my hair
to feel the warmth of a close friend
to shake hands with myself
introduce someone to someone else
to absolve loneliness
What is it you feel?
 
I feel weary
my legs are heavy
my mind is corroding
I want to be enlivened
to detach the gum from my shoe
unhook the line and roll it out

 
What are you thinking right now?
 
I need to try
to slot the coin
to kick the ball in the net
tread on the cracks in the pavement
jump in the puddles
shout out for joy to pay me a call
 
How would you choose to think/be?
 
I invite the unknown
choose it from the menu
fold my arms in a different direction
toss a coin and know it will work out
I want to wave at strangers
smile at improbability
fight for the cause
free the frozen challenge
raise my arms for courage
 
 
Well the journey into you or I has begun....writing the questions and answering them might begin release.  Knowing what it is we want is a certain beginning, it can increase a sense of who we are.  Taking action as opposed to remaining stuck, if only a little nudge in the right direction, will employ momentum...like a pendulum swinging, it has to begin somehow.

So take the challenge of beginning....little by little, or tune into that right turn you've been avoiding...search out the direction it takes.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment