Thursday 5 December 2013

Poem for Thursday

To the right of my mind
a breezy beckoning wandered
into a conjuring trick
mist and fog precluded
with eternal density
 
Giving way to a definite
bypass of emotion
sitting, wondering, hammering
for the solution to troubled
senses that gripped in tight fists
 
Gradual senseless doubts
fogged up the highway
skidded into black icy fear
the foghorn sounding its blast
shouting for all its worth
 
Keep me safe in corners
despite their black features
poking at me, barricading
my tomorrow with segmented
troubles, woven in pin pricking motion
 
Grinding statues were still 
age transforming their limbs
into crumbling confinement
I struck out and rallied
them, together we circled
 
Transforming our once isolated
innards into sharing heart
shaped sentences
heard by those who chose to hear
and I rejoiced with hope
]

No comments:

Post a Comment