Thursday 13 December 2012

Wild Wednesday

I wonder what makes the tick move in some and the tock in another?  Seeing and hearing, lining up identical experiences only to find the absorbing and processing function is uniquely objectified in differing ways.  The transference of what you meant can actually not be what was received, convoluting the mystery of misinterpretation and misunderstanding.  It is an age old predicament, each to his own to comprehend with freedom.  Perhaps a little too freely, bandied about for all and sundry to dissect and manipulate, hanging out to dry, gaining the sought out advantage. 
 
I know you believe
You understand what
You think I said.
But I am not sure
You realise that
What you heard is
Not what I meant.


How do we know what is actually another's truth? At logger heads, unable to fully know, empathy is a characteristic more prevalent in some than others; nonetheless, we cannot know wholeheartedly the others point of view or felt experience, however much we try.

If we choose to listen with true ears, see with genuine eyes, feel with an open heart, then might it be possible to gain some understanding into the equation that is human life in all its frailties and mosaic patterns.

I jumped into the pathway
Her voice like a runaway train
Tapping its vilification
Marking time with a sequence of validating
Word webs, intricate yet entrapping
I wanted to know the route plan
That was when I posted myself out there
The cause of such a desperate attempt
To deny the inner self
Fear of the fun fair
The big dipper of emotion
Clattered towards me
Let out to fight the good fight
There was some form of beauty
In knowing no matter how
Sour the lemon
It has settled and at times
Troubles me
This is when I do not linger
For too long and purchase
The wrapping paper to parcel
Up and post my process
c/o Royal Mail
In a hopeful attempt
To be lost forever
 
 
I felt at a decided disadvantage today, trickery is a mean spirit, squatting where it is not invited.  I emptied the wretched parasites from their clinging repertoire; the repeated chorus trying to connect and run on scalding heat and high speed, overflowing before having a chance to unplug and drain out the bad taste.
 
Grinding to a sudden halt I spun out of my mind games, facing away from the squall, and backed out into the foggy lane. The dulled headlights nestled in the damp, misty air; they charted the pathway for my safe arrival, and I breathed......

I'd caught it in time, injecting some home truths into the hour of my day, decidedly believing what I hear. I absorbed it quickly and honestly and went on my way to regain my place in wherever it may take me.

I lifted my eyes and searched through the fog, it was ok despite the track slowly disappearing ahead.  I could still stand, move one foot in front of the next, gradually, slowly, surely treasuring each step as I went.  I stole a moment to deposit my achievements in the inbox of my mind as I traced their outline mapped out before me. 
 
I had trusted in the unseen
Melted away the backlash of fear.
 
Snippets of time....snared within a moment only...so....catch me if you can...............
 
 
LAURA
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment