Wednesday 30 January 2013

Tearing Apart Tuesday

Is it worth it.........?
 


Corners of the mouth perk up
Do they signify a smile?
Is it lip service or genuine
Parting of the lips to show the teeth?
Does it invite the cheeks
To dance the rumba?
Are eyes looking down on it
With dismay?
If invited would they even
Blink in time with you?
Would a tear trickle
To form at the corner of your lips?
Watering down the smile
You have allowed to begin
 
The tissues line up to dab
Your cheeks, wiping the drops
From your lips, damming
Up the waterfall before
Your boots are soaked
When puddles collect at
Your feet and slowly begin
To drown you out
 
Why.....I'm not that person
I smile with my eyes...
I think...
Do I?
Can I?
Will I?
Have I?
Do I want to?
 
 Yes I smile
Do others see it?
Is it in my mind and
Not widely known?
A secret within me
 
So may I share a smile
With you today?
One that splits from ear to ear
Makes my jaw ache
That creates sparkle in my eyes
I know to be true
You smiled back at me today
Broad and unabashed
 
It was worth it!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment